1. Hear: Go to John 3:1-8. Pick out a word or phrase that sticks out to you as you hear the scripture.
2. Watch: Pick and click the grade range from the options below to watch your teacher's lesson for this week!
3. Ponder: Look over the questions below and ask them to each other.
Nicodemus was a religious leader himself. Why do you think Nicodemus is talking to Jesus? Why was it that Nicodemus thinks that Jesus was sent from God?
What does Jesus say has to happen for someone to see the Kingdom of God? What does being born again or a new birth mean?
How did Jesus bring us new life? What does that new life look like to you? What does it mean for you that Jesus has brought you a new birth?
4. Explore: Try this suggestion out this week from your teachers!
Younger: Wash Em! We have been washing our hands lots to stay clean and healthy! Go wash your hands right now! BUT as you wash your hands think about how as the water washes our hands Jesus washes our hearts by singing together Jesus Loves Me!
Olders: Nicodemus comes back! Later on in the Gospel of John, Nicodemus makes a reappearance. Go to John 7:50-51 and then John 19:39-42. Read the passages where Nicodemus reappears. Where do you think Nicodemus ended up? Did he come into the light and receive a new birth by following Jesus? Let us know what you think in the comment section of your lesson!
5. Pray: Share your peace needs!
- It's been a long quarantine. What are your prayer needs? Share them with those you are with and then go to God in prayer! Pray for the newness of life that Jesus has brought us and pray for the renewal of the Spirit during these crazy and exhausting times!