Our prayer focus this week: Do Not Lose Heart!
Prayer can be a lonely ministry at times. It is often (though does not have to be) a solitary activity. Sometimes we do not immediately get to see the fruit of prayer or hear a direct answer. Nevertheless, we continue to pray, to uphold our congregation, to pray for renewal and revival by the Spirit. And the passages below tell us why we can have confidence as we pray.
God's promises on which you can rely, as you pray throughout the week:
- Why we do not lose heart - 2 Corinthians 4:1
Therefore, since through God's mercy we have this ministry, we do not lose heart.
- Consider what Jesus went through - Hebrews 12:3
Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.
- Confidence - Hebrews 13:6
"The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid.
What can mere mortals do to me?"
- Don't be discouraged - Joshua 1:9
"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go."
- Don't be afraid - Luke 12:32
"Do not be afraid, little flock, for your Father has been pleased to give you the kingdom."
- God will strengthen, help, and uphold - Isaiah 41:10
So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
- Put your hope in God - Psalm 42:5
Why, my soul, are you downcast?
Why so disturbed within me?
Put your hope in God,
for I will yet praise him,
my Savior and my God.
This week, focus your prayer on:
- Pray that God would fill the heart of each CLC member, who is sharing in these prayers, with confidence and trust.
- Focus this week on all the reasons to persevere in prayer.
- Ask that God would work in you personally to pray with confidence.
- Be honest with God about those times when you lose heart. Thank him for his promises that he will strengthen and uphold you.
- Pray that God would pour out his Spirit upon CLC to renew and revive us.
- Pray that God would remove any spirit of discouragement or loss of heart from CLC’s ministry leaders.
- Pray for the church staff that they might be encouraged in their work.
Each day, end your personal prayer time with this prayer we will all pray together throughout the week:
Christ with me, Christ before me, Christ behind me,
Christ in me, Christ beneath me, Christ above me,
Christ on my right, Christ on my left,
Christ where I lie, Christ where I sit, Christ where I arise. Amen.
(portion of the Breastplate prayer of St. Patrick)