Our prayer focus this week: A Praying People
The purpose of this prayer project is to mobilize CLC to pray intentionally for our congregation, our fellow faith family members, and ourselves, that the Holy Spirit would work in us to renew and restore our passion for following Jesus.
"Unless the Lord builds the house, the builders labor in vain..." (Psalm 127:1)
Anything we wish to see happen within CLC must begin from a foundation of prayer. Without a solid prayer foundation, we labor in vain.
God's promises on which you can rely, as you pray throughout the week:
- Prayer is powerful and effective
Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective. James 5:16
- God answers when we pray
I call on you, my God, for you will answer me;
turn your ear to me and hear my prayer. Psalm 17:6
- A plea for our prayer to come before God
May my prayer be set before you like incense;
may the lifting up of my hands be like the evening sacrifice. Psalm 141:2
- Paul's prayer for us
I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people... Ephesians 1:18
- Always keep on praying
And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests.With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord's people. Ephesians 6:18
- How often should we pray?
pray continually... 1 Thessalonians 5:17
- Prayer first of all
I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people- 8 Therefore I want the men everywhere to pray, lifting up holy hands without anger or disputing. 1 Timothy 2:1,8
This week, focus your prayer on:
- Praise God, that in his mercy, he has given us this remarkable gift of intimacy and communication with him through prayer.
- Pray that your CLC friends and family would experience the power of being a praying people.
- Ask that the Spirit would encourage us as we seek to grow closer to God in prayer.
- Pray that the Holy Spirit would drench CLC in his life-giving presence.
- Ask God to raise up among us powerful new prayer leaders.
- Humbly seek God's will for your life of prayer.
- On behalf of CLC, pray this week for something outrageous, something too big to accomplish without God, which would bring glory to him and advance his kingdom.
Each day, end your personal prayer time with this prayer we will all pray together throughout the week:
I ask you, Lord Jesus, to develop in me, and in your church, an immeasurable urge toward you, an affection that is unbounded, a longing that is unrestrained, an intensity of love and trust that is unrestricted. Amen.